Sunday, February 12, 2012

Rolling Back into The Wonderful World of Blogging

I am astonished that it has been over a year since I blogged a recipe!  So much has been going on and there seems to not be enough time in the day, but I'm going to try to get at least one recipe up per week!  That should be a manageable goal....even for me!

Here's my recipe for a very easy, very tasty, yeast roll.  It's also a "quickie" (which works well in my kitchen!).

Spoon Rolls
1/4 cup sugar
1 pkg. dry yeast
2 cups very warm water
3/4 cup oil
4 cups self-rising flour
1 egg, beaten

Dissolve yeast in the 2 cups of water.  Beat oil and sugar together;  add egg and yeast & blend.  Add flour until well blended, let rise 24 hours in refrigerator (a gallon ice cream bucket works great for this).  Grease muffin pan and drop large tablespoons into cups.  Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

You can skip the 24 hours in the frig stage.  It makes the rolls a little heavier, but still delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment